Welcome Guest Login or Signup
SureBaby  

Health | Fed up with alcohol addiction of my daughter

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0
Total Views: 295 - Total Replies: 0

POSTED BY: DaisyTracy on 05/31/2017 08:02:05

Hi! I am writing this for my daughter who is just 15 years old. I am so worried about her because she is an alcohol addict. My husband is an alcoholic and it was from seeing him she started to drink. I came to know about this only a few weeks back. She has been drinking for 2 months. She used to drink at parties hosted by her friends. Seeing her drink without any control, one of her friends told me about this. We were like good friends and after hearing this I was really shocked. I told her that I won’t talk to her until she takes a decision to quit drinking. She said that she was trying to quit, but was not able to do so. Since it has been only a few months she started drinking, I thought it would be easy for her to quit but it was not. The quantity of alcohol she took was really huge. There was a drop in her grades within this 2 months. She says that while trying to quit, she is not able to concentrate on anything. I thought it would be good if I took her to an alcohol addiction treatment near Toronto. I asked my husband also to quit drinking with my daughter. He hesitated at first, but then he said that he too would undergo the treatment. I am so glad that they both decided to quit drinking, but at the same time I am worried too. What will be the withdrawal symptoms be like? How long will it take to recover? Will it take so long enough to affect her studies? Does anyone have an experience? Please be kind to share.

10/22/2017

Quantcast