Welcome Guest Login or Signup
SureBaby  

December 2011 Due Date Club | First Timers have any Questions?

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0
Total Views: 5634 - Total Replies: 7

POSTED BY: Maybeimcrazy on 05/01/2011 20:40:03

I was thinking today that some of you may be having your first baby and have some questions that someone with a few (3) previous pregnancies might be able to answer.  Course, i've got plenty of questions for my dr, too. But there might be little, inconsiquential things that don't really need a dr's i.q. to answer.

Just a thought. And of Course I would love to hear any war stories from others that maybe aren't so new to this either...

POSTED BY: mizz_mommy on 05/04/2011 15:03:13

Wow three previous pregnancies you are an expert LOL! I don't have any questions now but I will keep you in mind in the future!

POSTED BY: sally-o on 05/06/2011 09:35:47

Here's one: when did morning sickness hit you? And was it the same for all of your pregnancies? My mom says she didn't really have any morning sickness with me or my sister, and I really hope I have the same experience! I'm actually really, really afraid of nausea -- I get anxious even thinking about being sick. Do you know of anything that will help me avoid morning sickness?

--------------------------------------------------------------

POSTED BY: Maybeimcrazy on 05/06/2011 21:47:25

Morning sickness has hit me at a different point for all four pregnancies.  However, it did always hit in the first tri.  I know a few moms that never got it and I know a couple that had it the whole time.  Usually around 6-10 weeks for me.  I'm right in the thick of it, now, for sure.  I'm very nauseas from 4pmish-8pmish.  Nausea aint so bad, just makes cooking REALLY difficult.  I've been using the crock pot so I don't have to do anything during my sick time.  However, the smell of the food cooking all day has hit me wrong a few times.  It was suggested to me by a friend that I put the crockpot in the garage, then I won't have to smell it....I may do that.

Some of my pregnancies are worse than others.  For the last two pregs with my daughter and the twins, eating several really small meals (more snack really) was very helpful.  I found with those pregnancies that having food in my stomach really helped.  With this pregnancy, eating anything at all is making me feel pukey.  bleh!  I have high expectations that around 12-14 weeks I won't be pukey or so freaking tired anymore...

HTH! Try not to worry, once the placenta is fully formed, most of these problems should slowly go away (to be replaced by other things im sure)

POSTED BY: Maybeimcrazy on 05/06/2011 21:48:55

Oh, and as for avoiding the sick? Well I don't know any way to avoid it.  Ginger snaps are a VERY BIG help if you do get queezy (sp?)...

POSTED BY: nicky on 05/07/2011 17:26:18

hi mums! aw sally i'am the same i freak out at the thought of feeling and being sick i soooooo hate it. My pregnancy's  have been different i didnt experience any till week 15 and threw up alot it came as sudden urges but i had no nausea at all, i found this best and luckily it stopped by week 19. In my 2nd pregnancy it started much earlier, around 6wks and i had both nausea and vomiting , there was no particular triggers or things i knew to avoid  but eating little very offten always made it better. It stopped around week 15. Iam now pregnant with our 3rd at 6weeks and the last couple of days ive experienced periods of nausea where ive had to sit down to get through it. All i know is that its all worth it in the end.

POSTED BY: sally-o on 05/13/2011 14:17:52

Thanks ladies. I know almost everyone goes through it, so I should just suck it up and deal and stop complaining, but it's just one of those personal fears, you know? anyways, so far I just have had a few moments of nausea here and there, but nothing too strong. Yes, ginger snaps are awesome!! I have always loved snacking on them, and they have become a major part of my diet over the last couple of weeks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

POSTED BY: MarieWynn on 05/22/2011 14:59:45

I don't get the hardcore morning sickness (knock on wood--first pregnancy!) that most women talk about, but when I get hit with bouts of nausea, sipping on water seems to help me. 

12/18/2017

Quantcast