Welcome Guest Login or Signup
SureBaby  

July 2011 Due Date Club | Baby Shopping

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0
Total Views: 5622 - Total Replies: 7

POSTED BY: MommySue on 05/02/2011 09:08:01

Hello ladies,

Since July is not that far away, I was thinking maybe we can share some of our "get-ready-for-your-baby shopping list". Is it too early to start shopping?

I am almost in week 30 now and it's hard not to think that I have about 10 more weeks to go, it's just so exciting. I want to have everything ready for when my baby comes. I do know I am having a baby boy, so I know what color cloths to choose.

This is what I have so far on my list:

• 1 crib with some bedding sets
  • 2 blankets
  • 1 car seat
  • 1 high chair (is 1 enough?)
  • 1 diaper bar
  • 2 baby bottles
  • 1 pack of baby wipes
  • 2 packs of diapers
  • 4 sets of baby cloths

I am sure I am missing stuff, I hope some of you have other ideas as well. And I surely hope I am not the only mom-to-be making lists and buying things here and there at 30 weeks haha!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Sue

POSTED BY: hollyhock on 05/09/2011 11:50:13

hi sue,

i'm due in june, but i'm crashing your club cause i saw your post. im freaking out about what i should have, i don't really have any friends with kids to help me out and i dont have a lot of money. theres so much baby stuff out there and i don't know what i really need. do i need a bassinet? change table? how many outfits and diapers do i need for a newborn? what kinds of shampoos and lotions and creams and powders? every store has a baby aisle and i just get overwhelmed looking at everything. help!

--------------------------------------------------------------
about to pop!!!

POSTED BY: MommySue on 05/10/2011 09:41:46

Hey Holly,

I feel the same.. I am freaking out a bit. My friends said it's fairly expensive to have a child, and I found a Baby Gear page on Surebaby.com that is even scarier, but I guess most of the items can be bought for reasonable prices.

I went through the entire section of Baby Gear, very useful.

Maybe the way to save money is to buy some products second-hand, if they are in good condition. This will probably include a changing table (unless you can actually use a table in the house you have, I think that would work also), a car seat, stroller, rocker or glider, baby gate (it might not even be needed), high chairs...

I found an interesting fact.. a baby will use about 2700 - 2800 diapers in the first year haha, I am going with store brand diapers for sure!

As for clothing.. I really have no idea, I am assuming that the babies grow really fast and you should only need 3-4 sets for the first couple of months, then will just have to wing it and see how much the baby grows.

Next week I am going to see the doctor again, and will ask her about lotions and creams. I'll get back to you with what I find.

POSTED BY: Jessica_R on 05/11/2011 14:47:21

Okay, I know this sounds bad but I'm so happy to hear that others are freaking out too. Not only do I not know what to pack, I'm getting a little panicky about EVERYTHING involved with labor and raising a baby. Like once we come home from the hospital, how do I know what i need then? Or what to do?

Just feels nice to have the support of others who are expecting around the same time. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one about to give birth who is on the brink of completely breaking down.

Thanks for the advice and support!

POSTED BY: Beans13 on 05/12/2011 21:25:53

You will need spit blankets (Reciving blankets) and LOTS OF THEM!!!! probably a few more bottles even if your breast feeding so if you decide to go out you can leave and baby will have tons of food lol....1 high chair is enough unless your having twins or more....you said you have the crib and sheets you will also need crib matress.... diaper bag, soothers if you want to try them

POSTED BY: mom_of_two on 05/13/2011 10:48:42

LOL, Beans, you're totally right. Before I had my first, I remember thinking what the heck are receiving blankets for and why do people keep giving them to me? I thought they were some sort of cute, useless, standard baby shower gift.

Well, after 2 kids I can tell you: YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY RECEIVING BLANKETS! They are the handiest thing in the world. I never left the house without 3 or 4 of them, and I had stacks of them places conveniently all around the house so it was always easy to grab when I needed a fresh one.

Other than that, there's really not much you need at first. Don't buy too many diapers or clothes, cause you don't know how big baby is going to be and he'll probably outgrow his first outfits in a couple of weeks anyway. You NEED the car seat and some blankets to bring him home from the hospital, and something for him to sleep in if he's not going to sleep in your bed. I recommend a convertible crib that turns into a toddler bed later - you'll really get your money's worth.

The high chair you won't need for months, yet. The stroller depends on you and how much you plan to go out with him. If you think you'll be out walking a lot, splurge on a good one. A snuggly sling is a great alternative for some moms - much cheaper and MUCH smaller - easier to store and carry around with you, LOL. Get a BIG diaper bag - you'll be amazed how much crap you have to lug around with you everywhere you go.

I never bottlefed, so I'm not sure what supplies you'll need for that.

There's a lot of baby gear you can really get away without. Playpens have their uses, but really aren't essential. You don't need a change table if you're young and have a healthy back - just change him on the bed or the floor. I found all the baby bathtub devices useless - the kitchen sink works fine. I never used any soap, shampoo, lotion or powder on my babies' sensitive skin. Don't need a fancy diaper pail - just a regular garbage bin and change the bag regularly.

Hope that helps!

Getting ready for Baby #3!

pregnancy

POSTED BY: Mum1166 on 05/16/2011 03:59:06

My sentiments exactly. I'm freaking out! I have just 7wks and 3 days left. Sue, i think u pretty much have the basics down pat. I'll take advice from Beans and mom of two since they've had babies before. Holly, have u thought of having a baby shower? It could help with some things u're not able to afford. Cheers.

My baby boy's here! :-D

POSTED BY: Beans13 on 05/21/2011 13:31:37

i do have to say Diaper Genies are Amazing i have had many friends use the garbage can and their house always stunk like crap unless you have one outside to stick the stinky ones in but diaper Genies keep the smell in and your house smelling good.....but everyone has their way of making it work just pick the best one that suits your needs

12/18/2017

Quantcast