Welcome Guest Login or Signup
SureBaby  

January 2012 Due Date Club | midwife or OB

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0
Total Views: 5740 - Total Replies: 3

POSTED BY: mom_of_two on 05/12/2011 14:45:01

Well, ladies, I'm going to start things off in this due date club, and I really hope some of you other January mommies come back to join in the chat!

This is my third baby. With my first, I had an OB and a hospital birth. With my second, I had a midwife and a homebirth. Both were positive experiences, but there's no question in my mind which route to take this time. I called the midwives the moment I found out to get myself on their waiting list!

Anyone else have any feelings one way or the other about medical care providers?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Getting ready for Baby #3!

pregnancy

POSTED BY: nicky on 05/14/2011 14:54:53

Hi, aw congratulations on your third pregnancy, it sounds like you had lovely births am glad they were both positive for you. Iam also pregnant with our 3rd i have my first booking in appointment 1st june and iam sooooo nervous. Both of my births were great experiences but both ended in emergency c sections which i was upset with. I once again want to try for a natural birth (vba2c) but i know am going to have a huge fight on my hands, the care givers attitudes are more or less once a section always a section and i know they are going to tell me i have to have a 3rd planned one but i have read hours of information and know my rights. Im fully informed of all pros and cons for both ways of delivering i just wish i didnt feel like am about to enter a war zone

POSTED BY: first_time_mom on 05/15/2011 23:56:40

I want to go with a midwife at the hospital I think.  I just found out about all this, and I'm still sorting through all the information.

POSTED BY: mom_of_two on 05/16/2011 11:06:12

I think that's a great choice, first time mom. My home birth was a wonderful experience that I'll cherish forever, but I'm older this time round and I know the risks are higher. Several friends and relatives have had difficult labors lately. Having a midwife attend you in the hospital combines the best of both worlds.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Getting ready for Baby #3!

pregnancy
12/18/2017

Quantcast