Welcome Guest Login or Signup
SureBaby  

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0
Total Views: 3659 - Total Replies: 5

POSTED BY: mom_of_two on 05/12/2011 14:52:39

Yay! I love baby names. It's my favorite part about being pregnant (well I guess the baby is my favorite part, but names are fun!)

I've been thinking for a while that IF I had another baby and IF it was a girl, I'd like to name her Ariel.

I thought it was uncommon but not wierd, and to me it has connotations of fairies (a book I had as a child) and classic British motorcycles. That sums up my vision of what I want for my daughter: feminine and beautiful but tough and strong.

It only recently occured to me that a whole generation thinks that Ariel = Disney mermaid. ARGH.

What do you think? If you met a girl named Ariel, would your first thought be Disney?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Getting ready for Baby #3!

pregnancy

POSTED BY: BabyMarilyn on 05/12/2011 20:05:09

Congratulations...and Ariel is a nice name.....Help!!!! though...my last period was on march 27-31 and i missed my period for April...i took two PTs so far and they were negative.....what should i do now or am i pregnant?

POSTED BY: Beans13 on 05/12/2011 21:14:55

I love the name Ariel very beautiful but i do appologize i am a huge Disney fan and thats what i think about but on a good note in the little mermaid she was beautiful, and strong in every way .......

As for babyMarilyn i would make a drs apt and get the blood test done....i myself dont really trust hpt they gave me a false neg when i was pregnant.....blood test is WAY more accurate and you can trust it!!!!!! make sure your taking prenatal vitamins as well just to be safe if your not already

POSTED BY: mom_of_two on 05/13/2011 14:54:59

Hmm, thanks Beans.

I guess I just don't want people thinking named my girl for a Disney character (no offence to Disney fans )

I'm also worried that she'll go through life fending off annoying mermaid comments everywhere she goes.

Does anyone else here associate Ariel with mermaids, or can it be a nice name on its own?

Getting ready for Baby #3!

pregnancy

POSTED BY: deenamatheww on 08/07/2014 05:28:21

Congratulations.. Ariel is a lovely name for a girl. Never i think about any character or anyother.

POSTED BY: ishvisahaani on 06/17/2015 07:37:35

Ariel is nice name, I like that.

10/23/2017

Quantcast