Welcome Guest Login or Signup
SureBaby  

July 2011 Due Date Club | My baby's here!

Bookmark:
RSS 1.0     RSS 2.0
Total Views: 5250 - Total Replies: 8

POSTED BY: Mum1166 on 07/15/2011 11:17:26

Yay! My baby boy arrived on the 14th of July...1wk after his due date. He was born at 3:10am weighing 4.0kg! He's really big. My milk hasn't come in yet though...any ladies in this situation?

--------------------------------------------------------------
My baby boy's here! :-D

POSTED BY: Beans13 on 07/16/2011 02:44:08

Yay congrats and i understand with the milk thing with my first son it took 3 months for us to realize that i wasnt producing enough from him so i had to supplement what i could get mixed with formula....makes me mad that all these women out their taht dont want to breast feed get all + more milk in and those of us who want to breastfeed cant get enough or any......ugh but anywys lmao hope your feeling well and babys good :)

POSTED BY: Mum1166 on 07/16/2011 05:59:45

Baby's fine thanx beans. D doc suggested we buy infant formula. He said i should keep feeding him from my breast as that'll help stimulate the glands and eventually, it'll flow. :-)

POSTED BY: Beans13 on 07/16/2011 20:47:12

yea thats good and i really hope it comes in for you......i know how frustrating it is lol

POSTED BY: sally-o on 07/19/2011 15:55:10

Congratulations!!! How exciting for you....and relieving, I bet! A week late?  Wow, I'd be going crazy all through that week! Anyways, it's great to hear that you have a happy and healthy baby. Good luck with everything and enjoy life with your little one.

POSTED BY: Mum1166 on 07/20/2011 03:22:03
Hello sally-o. I can assure u i was goin crazy. I was so heavy and uncomfortable but, i'm happy it was all worth it. I'll gladly go through it again for my lil prince.

POSTED BY: cindy28358 on 07/21/2011 16:44:35

CONGRATS!!  Hope the 2 of you are doing well.   

I just went to a breast feeding class and they said it could take up to 3 weeks to have actual milk but you should have the Colostrum.  

Of course I'm a total noob on this and only believe half of what I hear and will totally find out all the wrong information I was given or what doesn't pertain to me when my little guy arrives.  

Best of luck to you and yours..

POSTED BY: Nutmeg on 08/08/2011 14:20:04

OMG, I'm totally late to this thread - summer's been so busy I haven't been online.

Congrats mum1166!! So glad everyone's well.

My input is a little late, but better late than never, I suppose.

My milk took 3-4 days to come in with my first, and I was told that's normal. For the first few days all you produce is a tiny bit of colostrum, and apparently that's all the baby needs.

As first time parents, we did freak out and consider supplementing, but we were told that it's important to keep nursing to stimulate the milk to come in, and that baby really doesn't need supplementing. It was hard, though, because our son seemed fussy and hungry.

When my milk did come in, though, it really came in - no shortage, that's for sure!

POSTED BY: Mum1166 on 08/15/2011 10:35:44

Thanx nutmeg. My milk finally came in and, my baby gets his fill. Hope u're ok

11/23/2017

Quantcast